Essential Home Insurance Tips for Central Ohio Residents

Insuran LLC knows how important home insurance is for a Central Ohio resident. We pride ourselves on providing our clientele with all of the information that they need most when it comes to decisions of this magnitude. Those who take the time to check out this guide are able to steer clear of the problems that tend to arise for Central Ohio homeowners.

Here is everything you need to know:

Taking Necessary Precautions

While many Central Ohio homeowners will view their insurance policy as the main precaution that they need to take, there are additional steps that can also be taken. For example, you may be able to find a more helpful policy if you are willing to install smoke detectors or shutters that are specifically designed to withstand the elements. Find out more about the precautions that are within your power to take before choosing a policy.


These policies are not a one-size-fits-all proposition. There are hazards and concerns that are specific to each homeowner, and they must be addressed as thoroughly as possible. You will need to discuss the potential issues that are most common in your particular region, so that your policy provides all of the necessary assistance.

Account for Everything

Nothing can be left to chance in these instances. A Central Ohio homeowner must be sure that they are accounting for everything. The potential costs of repairing and rebuilding the home will need to be accounted for. The same goes for your most prized possessions. You’ll also want to make sure that you are protected in case injuries take place on your property.

Schedule A Consultation Today

Do you have any additional thoughts or questions when it comes to home insurance in the Central Ohio region? If so, be sure to give Insuran LLC a call as soon as possible so that our team of professionals can point you in the right direction.

Avoid Financial Devastation With Home Insurance

A home is an enormous investment. It’s often the most valuable thing that people own, and it’s their largest investment. If something serious happens to the home, it can financially devastate anyone who doesn’t have home insurance. It’s essential to have this insurance in place starting the day you buy the home. When you need home insurance in Central Ohio, call us at Insuran LLC to get the coverage you need. 

House Coverage

When someone serious happens to your house such as a disaster or a damaging accident, the price of repairs can be extreme. It can cost tens of thousands or more for the repair bills. To cover yourself against having to pay for these repairs, you need to have home insurance. These policies are essential to have for your financial protection after the worst happens. A huge repair bill and no insurance could mean having a home that’s uninhabitable because you aren’t able to get the repairs you need. 

Possessions Coverage

Another large investment that you have is in your possessions. If a damaging incident occurred and your belongings were destroyed or seriously damaged, your home policy could pay to have them replaced. This is important coverage because of the many things that can happen to a home and the belongings inside it. If a room was damaged in a covered incident, for example, the items in the room that were destroyed because of that damage could be covered by the policy. This can save you an enormous amount on replacements that you need after a serious event occurs. 

Get Your Home Insurance Policy

When you’re buying a house, you will need a home insurance policy to cover both it and you. To get your policy in Central Ohio, call us at Insuran LLC to find out more. 

Cover Your Risks With Home Insurance

When you own a home, covering it with home insurance is a must. If you need home insurance, just call us at Insuran LLC in Central Ohio.

Property Damage Risk

Your home is always at risk of being damaged by a number of accidents, calamities, and disasters. These can strike unexpectedly and cause a lot of damage to your house. This damage can be highly expensive to get repaired. When you have home insurance, it protects you against these risks. It can pay for the repairs you need so that you can get your life back to normal again. And if your home is destroyed by a covered event, the policy will actually pay to have the whole house rebuilt. 

Belongings Risk

Your belongings are also at risk from a number of events that can damage them. Your home insurance can cover this damage and pay for the repairs or replacements that you need. Replacing everything would be very hard to afford without home insurance coverage. The costs may be many thousands of dollars to get everything replaced. Few can afford to replace all of their belongings after a serious, damaging event. That’s why it’s so important to have this coverage. 

Liability Risk

As a homeowner, you’re also at risk of being liable for accidents. If someone came to your house and had any type of accident there with injuries, your home insurance can pay for their medical bills. If you don’t have this coverage, these bills can be extremely high. It’s always better to be covered by home insurance just in case of accidents. 

Get Home Insurance

If you don’t have a home insurance policy yet, it’s time to get one. Call us at Insuran LLC in Central Ohio to learn more and get started with a policy of your own.

How Home Insurance Protects You

When you own a home, it’s extremely important to have a home insurance policy. It’s never a good idea to go without this coverage for even a day. If you need home insurance for a new home that you’re buying, or you want to change your home insurance, give us a call at Insuran LLC in Central Ohio to find out more about these policies and to get covered. 

Protection for Your Home

There are several types of coverage that you get with a home insurance policy. One of these is protection for the dwelling. The house is covered under these policies against a number of threats that can happen to homes. These may include certain disasters, various accidents, and other calamities that your home may be at risk for. When you’re covered against those events, the policy will pay for the repairs after one of these events happens to the home. Repairs can be highly expensive, so it’s always important to have this coverage to pay for those potential repair costs. 

Protection for Your Belongings

Your belongings are a large investment of your money, and they also need to be protected. When you have home insurance, the policy will cover your belongings that get ruined or destroyed during one of the events that are covered. Having this protection means that the policy can pay for you to replace your belongings instead of you having to come up with all of that money on your own. 

Protection for Liability

Another type of coverage is liability protection. If someone has an accident in your home, this coverage would pay for the medical bills and other costs so that you won’t have to. 

Get Home Insurance

When you need home insurance, call us today at Insuran LLC in Central Ohio to get started. 

Why should a Central Ohio property owner get home insurance?

Being a property owner has continued to be a great way for someone to build long-term wealth while also having a consistent place to call home. Those that are looking to purchase a home should also make sure they have the right insurance for it. A typical property owner in the Central Ohio area should have this coverage for various reasons. 

Why Home Insurance?

Cover Dwelling and Personal Assets

A primary reason people here need home insurance is so they can properly cover their dwelling and personal assets. A home purchase is likely the most significant investment that you will ever make. Further, your home will likely contain many personal assets that you use and rely on. Due to this, protecting your assets is very important. One of the best ways to ensure this is done is by getting home insurance, which offers financial support if you do incur a loss.

Manage Liability Risks

It is also important that property owner recognizes and manages their personal liability risks. If you are at fault for an accident that occurs on your property, you can be found liable for any damages that the other party incurred. As these can be significant, having insurance is important. When you get a home insurance plan, you will obtain the liability coverage needed to manage this concern. 

Give Us A Call

If you are in the Central Ohio area and own a home, you clearly need to have insurance for it. There are a lot of decisions and options to consider when looking for this coverage and working with Insuran LLC can help you build a quality plan. Insuran LLC will help you understand all of your needs, options, and other factors that can then be used to help build a quality plan. 

The Benefits of Home Insurance in Central Ohio Without a Mortgage

If you’re a homeowner in Central Ohio, you may wonder whether you need home insurance if you don’t have a mortgage. The answer is no—but there are plenty of good reasons to get it, even if you pay your home off.

Here are just a few benefits of having home insurance:

1. Protect Your Investment

Your home is likely one of the most significant investments you’ll ever make. Home insurance protects that investment in the event of fire, theft, or other covered damages.

2. Peace of Mind

No one wants to think about their home being damaged or destroyed, but it’s essential to have protection in place, just in case. Home insurance gives you peace of mind, knowing that it protects your home and belongings in the event of an unforeseen disaster. Contact Insuran LLC to learn more about our home insurance options.

3. It May Save You Money in the Long Run

If you ever need to make a claim on your home insurance, it could save you thousands of dollars in out-of-pocket expenses. Home insurance covers the cost of repairs or replacement, so you don’t have to worry about coming up with the money yourself outside of the deductible.

Get Home Insurance Today

There are plenty of other reasons to have home insurance, even if you don’t have a mortgage. So if you’re on the fence about whether to get it, be sure to weigh all the benefits before deciding. You may find it’s worth the peace of mind and protection in the long run. Insuran LLC can help you find the right home insurance policy for your needs and budget in Central Ohio. Call us today to get started.

Creating a Custom Home Policy with Add-Ons and Riders

At Insuran LLC in Central Ohio, we want you to understand that your homeowner’s insurance comes as a base policy. You can add coverage to it as you need it.

What type of coverage, you ask?

Common Coverage Add-Ons

You can add everything from jewelry coverage to extra liability coverage, a handy item to have if you regularly hold fundraisers or celebrations at your home.

That might sound ostentatious, but it isn’t. Many careers require such events to take place at your home.

  • Children’s or high school sports coach
  • Minister
  • Doctor
  • Schoolteacher
  • Choir or choral director
  • Bandleader

Most of those positions don’t pay a lofty sum, so an accident at their home could easily cost them more than a typical home policy provides. Adding umbrella coverage to your home policy protects your finances.

Jewelry insurance might sound trivial until you purchase your fiancée’s engagement ring. The thousands of dollars it cost would set you back if stolen.

Running a home-based business requires adding a commercial component to your home policy. This bundles the commercial protection of business liability with your home insurance.

A hobbyist policy add-on covers the expensive equipment or materials for your hobby, such as photography or stamp collecting. Without it, you’d only have the typical coverage of home insurance for personal property, which usually provides about ten percent of the home’s value.

Contact Us

Many other options exist to customize your home policy. While many articles talk about a standard home policy, you should never buy cookie-cutter insurance. Let Insuran LLC in Central Ohio help you customize your home policy.

Does My Homeowners Insurance Policy Cover Earthquakes?

Congratulations on getting homeowners insurance. However, if you reside in an earthquake-prone area like Central Ohio, your home might not be as safe as you think. So far, you have likely been assuming that your standard home insurance policy protects against earthquake damage, but that is not the case. 

Direct and Indirect Earthquake Damage

Almost all standard homeowners insurance policies don’t offer coverage for damage to your home that directly results from earthquakes. However, few policies might cover damage to your home indirectly caused by an earthquake, such as fire, breaking glass, explosion, and theft. At Insuran LLC, we recommend purchasing an earthquake insurance coverage to protect your home from earthquake damage fully. 

What Is Earthquake Insurance?

Earthquake insurance is available in three options, dwelling coverage, personal property coverage, and additional living expenses coverage. 

  • Dwelling coverage: This insurance policy covers repairing your home’s structure up to a certain point after it has experienced earthquake damage. This policy features a deductible that can range from 5% to 25%, which the insurer will hold when paying the claim after a loss. Going for a high deductible means lower premiums. 
  • Personal property coverage: As the name suggests, this insurance policy will protect your home furniture, electronics, and other personal belongings damaged or lost because of the earthquake and is limited to between $5,000 and $200,000. You can also buy supplementary breakables insurance to protect things like china, crystal, and glass. 
  • Additional living expenses coverage: You will need to rent a place to leave as your home is being repaired after an earthquake. This earthquake insurance policy is meant to cater for the additional cost of moving, rent, food, storage, laundry, and such expenses. This insurance policy is limited to between $1500 and $100,000. 

Contact us at Insuran LLC, based in Central Ohio, for more information about home insurance and earthquake insurance.

An Introduction to Home Insurance Types

Insuring your Central Ohio home should be easy, so Insuran LLC made this quick guide to home insurance. That broad term encompasses homeowners’ insurance, plus condo, RV, and renter’s insurance. Within homeowners’ insurance, you can choose from four different levels of coverage – dwelling, standard, all-peril, and historical home.

While the other types remain self-explanatory, homeowners’ insurance requires a bit of explanation. The four levels of coverage apply only to houses. (If you buy a condo, you get condo coverage, also the type you buy for an apartment you purchase.) The four house types differ in coverage levels, mostly with respect to perils.

Dwelling: A homeowner who has previously filed many insurance claims or an older home in disrepair requires dwelling insurance, which covers only ten perils and liability plus personal property damage.

Standard: The typical policy purchased by most homeowners covers 16 named perils, liability, and personal property damage.

All-peril: Think of this as an enhanced form of standard coverage. It has no limits to the perils it covers. It also covers liability and personal property damage. Some policies also include medical coverage and living expenses if damage to your home precludes you from living in it while it undergoes repairs.

Historical: An owner of a home on the historical register or with architectural significance purchases historical home insurance (HO-8). This insurance covers many perils but not all of them, including liability and personal property damage.

Contact Central Ohio’s Insuran LLC to learn more about your options for home insurance. You can easily insure your home whether you buy a condo or a mansion, a tiny house, or an RV. Let Insuran LLC help.